Friday, June 05, 2009

The Craziest Storm EVER!

....ok so maybe it only lasted for 30 minutes, but during those 30 minutes it was a bit scary! As you may know we had a tornado warning here yesterday, as well as thunderstorms, lightning etc. etc. It cracks me up how much people freak out about weather here. Like when it snows 2 inches and all our schools close! Don't get me wrong I have definitly benefited from it in the past.
At about 4:30 yesterday I was in Walmart and overheard EVRYONE in that store talking about the "Big Storm" that was coming! How exciting and crazy I called my husband to warn him! As I was checking out of Walmart, the power even went out for a few seconds. I rushed home and put Sunny in the house (while imagining the whole drive home that a tornado was about to tear through our backyard and take Sunny with it!) . We got all our candles and flashlights out, even talked about our bunker underneath our house. All that and only about an hour of high winds and lightning! Us Oregonians are SO dramatic sometimes!!!




... and in true Oregon fashion we ended the storm with a pretty sunset....



2 comments:

Evil Pixie said...

Great post. I had a similiar experience in a Wal-Mart a few months ago. A winter snow storm caused some power lines to break and a good portion of the city was in the dark for a short period of time. It happened while I was in a Wal-Mart and when the lights went out, people actually screamed. I couldn't believe it. When the lights came on, I got some of the nastiest looks because I was laughing at everyone.

Matt said...

Can you imagine living in the south? Where actual tornadoes hang out?